For a few days, Neeru also couldn’t think of any alternative. She tried abandoning sugar once and for all in desserts prepared at home but although ingredients such as rice, milk etc. have an intrinsic sweetness, still that appetizing relish couldn’t be recreated by her. But, she didn’t lose hope, in attempts to keep a watchful eye on her husband's health. One fine day she came to know of Sugar Free Natura and thought of giving it a try. She thought of making Ravi’s favorite Caramel Custard with a twist. She took it upon her as a #DessertChallenge.
- Vessel: 1 nos.
- Stirrer: 1 nos.
- Bowl: 4 nos.
- Gourmet Bowl: 1 nos.
- Full Cream Milk: 500 ml.
- Sugar Free Natura: 1 gm.
- Custard Powder (Vanilla variant): 4 tsp.
- Chocolate Cake Slices: 5-6 nos.
- Fruit Gelatins.
- Boil full-cream milk.
- Dissolve the custard powder in half-a-bowl milk.
- Pour the dissolved powder in the boiling milk, while stirring.
- Add Sugar Free Natura and stir to dissolve.
- Switch off the burner.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Take one Gourmet bowl with lid.
- Arrange two layers repeatedly: Vanilla Custard on top of Chocolate Cake Slice.
- Top the tower with fruit gelatins.
- Serve individually in smaller bowls.
When Ravi saw it at first, he didn’t even want to taste it.
Now, he was of the belief that unsweetened custard would be insipid on his palate. Neeru asked him to give it a try.
The moment he took one spoon of custard, a big smile lit up his face but at the same time left him puzzled and looked towards Neeru as to how she was giving Ravi sweet custard!